Monday, July 21, 2008

Relaxing Weekend

This past weekend Kylie and I stayed home and did nothing! That is very unusual because usually I like to take Kylie somewhere to some kind of activity or at the very least go to the store. But on Saturday it was raining and I didn't feel like dealing with the rain and didn't have any real need to even go to the store. So we stayed home, I had a lot of things that needed to get done, the usual - laundry, dishes, normal household cleaning. Kylie was in such a great mood all weekend, I think she needed some down time too! She kept asking me what we were going to do or where we were going and everytime I told her we were staying home she just looked at me so puzzled - she's used to going SOMEWERE on the weekends.

On Sunday we went to church and home. Church service was nice, it's been a long time since Kylie has actually had to sit through the whole Mass. Our church has been doing Liturgy of the Word for Children since last April so she and I go to her Liturgy and then come back right before communion. So she has only had to sit for 15 minutes on either side of Children's Liturgy. She did wonderfully, she was quiet and played with her toys and colored pictures. She knelt when it was time and tried to sing some of the chants, I was so proud of her.

Thanks for the nice weekend Kylie!

0 comments:

Post a Comment