Thursday, February 7, 2008

Ash Wednesday


So yesterday was Ash Wednesday, Kylie and I attended Mass last night as you can tell by the above picture. Kylie was so proud of her "Father, Son, Holy Spirt" (her cross) that when she accidentally rubbed it off she was devistated. She was getting tired, Mass was at 7 and 8 is generally her bedtime, and she was trying to lay in my arms and she rubbed her head against my sweater. When she did it I told her to be careful because your cross will wipe off. I had no idea how important that cross was to her. She almost started crying about it, so I told her that when Mass was over I would try to get her another one. That seemed to make her happy. So when Mass was over we waited for Deacon to finish talking with the other parishioners and we asked for another one since hers accidentally was wiped off. He was more than happy to oblige, matter of fact the cross he gave her was much larger and darker than her original cross.

This morning Kylie was looking in the mirror and noticed that her cross was starting to wear off. She said "Mommy look at my Father, Son, Holy Spirit its going away." I told that that is what happens. She was really upset about it, so not knowing what else to say I told her she needed to talk to Jesus about it. She said, "No you talk to him". So I told her I would see what I could do about it. That seemed to satisfy her.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment