Monday, June 18, 2007

Papa

Yesterday when I was talking to my dad on the phone Kylie asked me who I was talking to so I told her I was talking to Papa. Oh, she said and went back to playing with her toys. When I wished him a Happy Father's Day.

Kylie stopped what she was doing and said with a puzzled look on her face "Papa's a Fodder?"

"Yes, he's my daddy."

Thinking for a minute, she says, "Well he's my Papa"


Later in the day Papa came over to visit us and Kylie wanted him to play in her tunnels she has in the house. They are quite small and it's very hard for an adult to get into them. This is the exchange Kylie had with Papa:

Kylie: Papa can you play with me in my tunnels?
Papa: I can't my back is hurting me
Kylie: But I want you to play with me
Papa: I'm sorry I can't

Frusterated she came to tell me about the situation:

Kylie: Mommy Papa won't play with me
Mommy: He won't?! Should we trade him in for a new one?
Kylie: No, I want this Papa

She walks back over to the couch where Papa was sitting and stands directly in front of him:

Kylie: Papa you have to be nice to me
Papa: I am being nice to you
Kylie: But your not, you have to play with me

She looks at me and says, "Mommy say 'Papa you have to play with Kylie'"

Aparently she thought I have more authority than she does and he will listen to me. Papa told her again he could play in the tunnels with her because of his back. She just did not like that answer, she decided at that point to come outside with me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment