Monday, February 23, 2009

The Dime

At preschool Kylie has been learning about some of the presidents in honor of President's Day last Monday. In fact on Friday the teacher was asking who the first president was and only Kylie know it was George Washington and that he was pictured on the quarter(proud Mommy moment). Unbeknownest to me they have also been learning about the different kinds of coins and how much they are worth. Now Kylie is extremly intriged by all of the coins. So last night Kylie was looking through my change and wanting to know what president was one each coin. So the conversation went like this:

Mommy who is this on the nickle
I'm not sure, I think it is President Jefferson (suprised myself when I looked it up on the internet and I was right!)
Oh, who is this man on the dime
I'm not sure, let me see it (as though the picture is going to help me) I think it is President Roosevelt (again suprising myself that I actually knew it)
No Mommy I think it is "John Palin"

I'm not sure who John Palin is but do you think this could this be a mixture of John McCain and Sara Palin's names? Because she know who was running for President and keeps asking when John McCain is going to be President, of course not understanding that he lost the election

0 comments:

Post a Comment