Friday, January 22, 2010

Back-Seat driver

By now everyone who knows me knows about the "Envoy Incident". The other day Kylie and I were on way home from girl scouts there was a Semi next to us making a left turn (we were going straight). Normally this would not have even mattered to either one of us but since the "Envoy Incident" Kylie is very aware of Semi's. So as we're sitting at the light waiting for it to turn green, I hear from the back seat: "Uh Mommy you need to look out your window" I look over and see the truck and acknowledge the truck. Kylie says "Mommy you need to be careful in case he needs to turn". I had to reassure her the truck would be turing the other way and we were in now harm.
*******
Seperate day, we were on our way to gymnastics and just after we crossed the tracks I hear from the back seat "Mommy I looked both ways to make sure there were no trains comming" I told her I looked before I crossed and she says "Well I didn't see you so I did it so we could be safe!"

Obviously Greg has trained her very well on being safe in the car so much so that she is making sure I'm doing what I'm supposed to. It's a good thing...I guess :)
*****
On our way home after going through the drive-thru...

I had to unbuckle my seat belt for some reason or another and forgot to buckle it before I left the parking lot. Half way home I realize it and buckle it. This is what I hear from the back seat"

"Mommy you know it's not safe to drive with out your seat belt"

Yes I know I just forgot, I put it on as soon I as remembered it.

"Well it's not safe to take your hands off the steering wheel when you are driving, you should have stopped in a parking lot and then put it on"

At that point I just agreed with her, she was right and I couldn't agrue with her. My dad said she won't even need to read the rules of the road when she gets ready to drive because it appears as though she already knows them! Good job daddy for doing such a good job teaching her!


0 comments:

Post a Comment