Tuesday, May 6, 2008

We are the Winners!!!

At Kylie's preschool they participated in Pizza Hut's Book It program for beginners. We (parents) were supposed to read to our children as often as possible throughout the months of March and April. We recorded the books we read to our children on little cutouts in the shape of the characters from the childrens show Maisy.

Every night Kylie and I read books before we went to bed. I would read the book to her and then she would "read" it back to me with amazing acurateness - even on books she had never heard before!

Well today when I dropped Kylie off, Mrs Cindy told me we were the winners! We read the most books in the 2 months that we participated in the program - a total of 120 books! I didn't realize how many we had read, I just knew it was quite a few. Kylie makes reading books easy because she loves to have them read to her, she will listen to as many as you are willing to read to her. I hope she keeps her love of reading as she grows up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment