Monday, July 5, 2010

Our Unforgettable 4th of July

Our 4th of July will be one we won't forget for quite sometime. You see Lacey and Kylie were playing on some playground equipment at the campground and Lacey tried to be like big sister and reach for the monkey bars. One tiny problem, she reached them and then fell down. When she fell down she hurt her foot pretty badly. It was obvious almost immediatly something had happened.

When she was trying to get up her right leg was shaking so badly that she kept falling down. I was sure that I would see a broken bone of some kind either from her leg or her foot. Thankfully I didn't see anything. I carried her back to the camper where Nana and I looked at her and both of us couldn't see anything wrong at first. So Nana went back to her house got an ace bandage to wrap her leg and foot. During the time Nana was gone Kylie, Lacey, and myself went to the pool. At that time Lacey was limping on her foot and not really complaining very much at all. After swimming Nana wrapped Lacey's foot after she was able to determine it was her foot that was bothering Lacey and not her leg.

Lacey took a nap and after her nap she wouldn't put any pressure at all on her her foot and started crying 'Owie' out of the blue. We all decided that she should probably go to the doctor to have it checked out. Uncle Chris and Auntie Charissa took Lacy and I to an Express care clinic in town. It was x-rayed (thank you Chris and Charissa for being ther for Lacey) and determined that she had fracture her foot. They said they had never see a foot fracture on someone so young! Leave it to Lacey!

They put a soft cast on her foot and told me I needed to get her to a Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon within the next 1-2 days. The Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon's job will be to make sure the bones heal properly. So I will be making an appoinment as soon as I can to get into the Doctor and we'll see what he/she says the next step is....

Her soft cast...


0 comments:

Post a Comment