Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Washington D.C.

Last week I had to go to Washington D.C. on a business trip. I took Lacey with me and since I needed someone to watch Lacey while I was at my meeting my dad came along with me too! Kylie stayed with Nana and Daddy and they went camping. I'll post those pictures in a seperate post. My Dad, Lacey and myself had a really good time. I think we must have walked at least 10 miles while we were there. Only once did we not walk and that was when we took an open top bus tour of the area, and then we took the metro back to our hotel because it was too far to walk, and I didn't bring the stroller with because I thought we were going to be let off at the hotel - my mistake. Here are some of the pictures from the trip, enjoy!
6:15 PM - this is what time we started our small tour of Washington D.C. - keep in my this was all on foot, no rides anywhere just our 2 feet!

The White House. I was really suprised by how small it looked in person. I have always envisioned it being much larger. I think they make it look larger somehow on TV

Red Cross building

My dad took this postcard picture of the Washington Monument. Good job Dad!


Lacey is eating the cherry slushie that I bought for myself. I decided that since it was hot I would give her a litte taste, however the girl is smart and realized how good it was and would not give it back to me! Everytime I tried to get a taste - just a taste - she would start squealing until she got it back. And for the record, no she is not spoiled :)



Washington Monument, and a view of the Reflecting Pool.

Jefferson Memorial

Lincoln Memorial

The White House at night.

This is the house President Abraham Lincoln died in after he was shot. The Ford theater is just across the street.


The night view of the streets!

Peaceful protest outside the White House. They were protesting how the President was handeling /not handeling the violence in Iran

8:30 a little over 2 hours later we were headed back to the hotel!






0 comments:

Post a Comment