Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Works for me Wednesday - No Tangles for long hair

My 3 year old daughter has fairly long hair - past the middle of her back, not quite to her bottom. One of the things she hates more than anything when it's time to comb her hair is, you guessed it - TANGLES!

One of the best ways I have found to combat the terrible tangles is after she is done with her bath, I comb her hair while wet, then I twist her hair into a bun on the top of her head. I try to put the bun as close to the top of her head as I can so she doesn't have to sleep on it and I try to leave the bun quite loose so it isn't pulling. Then in the morning take out the bun - without pulling her hair and voila! no tangles! Style as desired.

Another great thing this does for her hair is it makes it really curly. She has some curl to her hair but this really enhances it.

This is what Works For Me! For more Works-For-Me-Wednesday participants, check out Shannon of Rocks In My Dryer.

1 comment:

  1. oooh, I like this post! I have a little girl with ratty hair too. This should help. Thanks for helping with my flower problem/dilemma too!!

    ReplyDelete